Some of my favorite tips to help you get that sexy glow on - even when it’s gloomy outside (like it is in NYC today!)
9. Use natural skincare products.Your skin is your largest organ and what you put on it you literally drink in. Everything you consume either gets assimilated or eliminated. Chemical creams and perfumes tax your body big time. You absorb 60% of what you put on your body!
Note: Do you know what’s in your beauty products, soaps, and household cleaning products? Check out this article & EWG’s Skin Deep Database to find out what nasty (and toxic) chemicals you’re putting on your body every day.
7. Shake your booty. Your lymph system, which carries away waste, needs you! Unlike your heart, it doesn’t have a pump. Aerobics is the pump. Brisk walking is the pump. Yoga is the pump.
6. Refined sugars and processed starches are the devil – dump them. If it’s made in a lab it takes a lab to digest. If it has a shelf life longer than you, don’t eat it. Choose low glycemic foods as much as possible.
5. Decrease the amount of animal products you consume (especially dairy products) and move towards more of a plant-based diet.
2. Create an anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle. Learn about pH, the acid/alkaline balance, and say goodbye to the SAD, acidic diet in favor of alkaline raw organic veggies, sprouts, green drinks, green smoothies, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, love and oxygen.
Note: Every nutrition seminar I attend led by my yoga instructor and health coach Donnalynn, she emphasizes the fact that stress and irritation create acid in the body, causing inflammation, illness, and havoc on the digestive system. Learn how to track the alkalinity of your body and keep it in balance.
1. Get back to nature and back to the garden – preferably the organic garden – when affordable – when not, try to choose fruits and veggies that are less sprayed. You can find a Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides at foodnews.org. There are over 80,000 chemicals in our world today, eating them and putting them on our bodies is a dangerous proposition.
See the whole list:
As an irreverent foot soldier in the fight against disease, Kris Carr inspires countless individuals to take charge of their health and happiness by adopting a plant-based diet, improving lifestyle practices, and learning to live and love with passion. She is the subject of Crazy Sexy Cancer, which she wrote and directed for TLC, and the author of the groundbreaking Crazy Sexy Cancer book series. Kris’ third book, Crazy Sexy Diet (#1 Amazon Best Seller, NY Times Best Seller) is the ultimate diet and lifestyle game plan for wellness warriors seeking peak health, spiritual wealth and happiness. I met Kris in January during Jivamukti Yoga’s 2012 Blueprint for Joy, a 7-day yoga and lifestyle event which brought together yogis from near and far to gather in NYC to become inspired and connect. Kris radiates with so much kindness and beauty, she has a huge heart of gold!